Blow Fish

Sunday, April 15, 2007

letters from the past 18

Wednesday, February 25, 1998
Canim Bebek,
I've been trying to talk to you for the last few days, finally someone told me that "you went down south"! I suppose you finally could go to Rugby to see your Dad. I hope he's doing fine. It must be tough to have a broken hip at his age.
Now the good news first: I'm coming over on April 5th for a whole week. (If it's all right with you of course. Tell me ASAP). The bad news is my reservation is not confirmed yet, because it's a nine-day holiday and everybody is rushing abroad. My travel agent is telling me that usually it opens up a few days before.
CookieLo, I'm so excited that I am going to see you. I'll touch you and kiss you and hold you and smell you and taste you and love you…again finally.
First I'm going to NY in 10 days. Hopefully I'll be able to take care of taxes and greencard problem in one week. I am lucky that no shoot or editing is planned for the next few weeks so I can take off in March and still have the holiday in April to homschk my Bebek. Remember when I told you that I was going to NY for the coming holiday you asked me "do you rather go to NY than come and see me?" Of course I rather NOT. So I thought it was worth a shot and went to Selda (deputy GM) and told her that I have to enter US before the end of March (because I have to make an entry every six months). She was very nice about it. She said, "go right away before March 16th" when we may have a shoot.
The only problem is that I'm already so excited about it that I don't know how I will wait till April (which is only a month away). The other problem is that I will be totally broke because of two international trips in one month and will have to be careful for a while before and after.
Let me know if you want anything from NY or here. Otherwise I'm just bringing my small self (lost a little weight lately) and a ton of love.
Now it's the usual part in the letter where I tell you how cok much I love you and miss you: I love you cok cok and miss you terribly. But this time it's not a hopeless line. There is light at the end of the tunnel!!!
Now it's the other usual part of the letter where I ask you about how you're doing money wise and whether you sent Amex money or not. Is there light at the end of this tunnel?
The weather has been so nice in Istanbul for the last week or so. I check out Edinburgh weather on CNN when I can and you guys are not doing badly either.
Call me write to me cok me I cok you.
See you soon (not soon enough)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home