Blow Fish

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

letters from the past 9

Hello Bebek,
The producer told me a funny story about a Pampers commercial they shot a few months ago. Because Procter & Gamble is very choosy about the ads, the agency usually hires the best director for their shoots. This English director, experienced in directing babies and kids was hired. He came to Istanbul with his DP.
He insisted that the Production Company bring a box full of baby rabbits to the set, saying "I always use rabbits in kiddy commercials' sets, kids play with them and they relax". So here he was on the set, a tall English guy with jet black (dyed, he was originally blond) hair holding a rabbit to the baby's face. The result was a set full of screaming babies. What he did not know was Turkish kids don't usually have pets at home, also rabbits don't have the cute and cuddly toy image in Turkey. Babies faced with this giant long-black haired, blue eyed guy and his long blond-highlighted haired and bearded DP holding strange little furry things in their hands, were petrified and did not stop crying all day long. The shoot was postponed to the next day (you can imagine what a disaster that is for the Production Company). Needless to say the next day there was no rabbits on the set and the director kept his distance to the babies.
This is my story. I thought it was very funny and I also saw a part of behind-the -scenes tapes, you can tell something went very wrong on the set and they don't know how to fix it.


Canim, that's all I could think of right now. I sent you a post card today. I am running out of Istanbul postcards here and you still did not send any Edinburgh cards. What's going on? Is it too beautiful and you're afraid I'll come over for good?
Tell me about your plans Cookielo. You always say half a sentence about them and never finish it.
G called yesterday. They got married on December 29th, he said it was the last day of the license so they had to do it. I think they are having serious money problems and can't find a decent job. Still no news from my greencard by the way. I'm starting to get worried. After all I had to go through to get it, if something happens I'll be seriously upset.

Listen to this one from New Age magazine:
Live with intention Walk to the edge Listen hard Practice wellness Play with abandon Laugh Choose with no regret Continue to learn Appreciate your friends Do what you love LIVE AS IF THIS IS ALL THERE IS
There is a whole bunch of really cool articles, I'll write to you in details. One funny thing: apparently when you are feeling down, it helps to think that you are plugged to an energy source like Sun etc. I would like to be plugged to the Ocean, it’s such a refreshing idea, and I love it. Also, I would love to be plugged to you ¤.
I'll go fax this now. Let me know if this is a permanent fax number that I can use. That would be great.
I love you so much Cookielo, sooo much. I'm also faxing a kiss with this letter, tell me if you get it.
I thought if I can't come over for the 28th-1st, maybe I can come over for the weekend after that. It won't be as long but it will never be long enough anyway. No? I wrote about this in a letter but you will get this fax before that anyway.
Be good to your canim self. COK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home