Blow Fish

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

letters from the past 8

Thursday, January 1, 1998
Dearissimo BabyLo,
It's so warm over here, it doesn't feel like winter. It snowed for two days last month and they closed the schools! Luckily, Istanbul doesn't get NY winters.
I have a virtual dinosaur. I always thought this was a stupid thing to do, but my dad had bought it for some guests' kids and they left it here so we had to (!) take care of it. Once you start raising it you can't stop because it dies. Well, actually mine runs away from home (I guess they thought if it dies kids feel bad so they changed it). It's nine years old as of today and looks very healthy. I will have to stop when I start working and it will run away from home.
Did you send me an invitation letter yet for the visa? Say something like cousin Annie is getting married on the 29th and you are inviting me to the wedding and that I can stay with you for a few days, blah blah. I can't wait to you see youuuuuuu!
Did I tell you cok?
How were the Beau days? Did you guys think about sending me a postcard? (You did not, did you?)
They banned smoking in bars and no more smoking sections in restaurants in California. Maybe I'll move there in 2000's.

Saturday, January 03, 1998
Sometimes missing you really gets to me. It becomes a physical pain in my chest. I'm hoping that work will take most of my time and I won't think about this too much. The other night I had an extraordinary dream: I had wings, big white very cool wings and I was flying to you. Flying felt wonderful and I knew I was getting closer and closer to you, then I woke up. Isn't it terrible, even in my dreams I can't meet you!

I have a thousand New Year resolutions. If I keep half of them it will be great.
I'm watching Profiler on NBC and writing at the same time, good thing this machine corrects all the mistakes I make. Profiler is not so bad. I don't know why I never watched it in NY. I'm so glad I can watch NBC and CNN from here (there are a few European channels too) Turkish TV is unbelievable most of the time. Listen to this one: if there is a news piece about police finding a package they suspected could be a bomb, first they show pieces from Hollywood movies (Bruce Willis shooting in Die Hard, a bridge exploding God knows in which movie, Steven Seagull jumping off of a helicopter…). Can you believe this? I still can't.
I got a major check-up last week. It feels good to be able to afford health services. Hopefully everything will be clean; I'll get the results next week. Maybe you'll get one too when you come over, it's only about two hundred bucks. (I'm planning to do a major homshck-up on you first of course but that's a whole other story)
I'm going to bed now, maybe If I still have my wings I'll come over tonight J

Wednesday, January 07, 1998
This was my third day at the agency. Finally, I have a real job. I had to do a re-cut on a commercial (of all possible things- a diaper commercial with cutest babies in it), we had to leave some cute scenes out L. You know, they don't have standard lengths for spots in Turkey, they can be 57 sec if you want, and this one ended up being 44 sec! The editor was very nice (and quite handsome between you and me, this is the second good-looking editor I've seen so far, you know who the first one is)
Now the not-so-good things: the trip to Edinburgh is going to cost around $550, which I don't have now. Cookielo! I miss you so much! (Do you think stealing would be alright under these circumstances?!!!!!) What am I gonna do? They may pay us on 28th (because 29th is a major major Holiday) so that people can buy their gifts. Still it will be too late for me, because airplanes are already almost full and they wouldn't keep a reservation until the last day when there is so much demand. I can put the ticket on credit card which means I have to wire money to A to pay for it (extra $40 for wire) even if I fix the ticket, how about the visa?…Help! Enough thinking about this. How about you? Can't you wire yourself to Istanbul? If I come over I can only stay for four days, you probably can stay longer. Think about it. We have to see each other soon (have to, have to).
How are you doing money wise?
For the hundredth time: I MISS YOU.
I LOVE YOU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home