Blow Fish

Sunday, January 07, 2007

letters from the past 4

Bebek (or should I say Monsieur Le Baron?)
The postman thinks my name is Bebek because of your letters. He has a smirk on his face when he rings the doorbell, because Bebek is not a name in Turkish, it's like being called Babe or something. He brings the letters up to the second floor, normally he would just put them in the mail box. I suppose he wants to see this strange-named girl! Speaking of Babe, I just received the T-shirt. You silly! It's the coolest thing. I love the care tag too:" Don't be naughty and wash it at forty…..wear it well. Thank you, goodbye". I hope you don't get caught for stealing it! I'm planning on wearing it this Friday night at the club, I am not responsible for the consequences.

Cookielo, I was thinking about your concert project. Once everything is set-up, you should let me know. I'll call the newspapers and magazines here, also maybe my travel agent friend will be interested in arranging a tour for this from Istanbul. People here liked Di a lot and were very touched by her death, I'm sure they will be interested.

You mentioned going to New York to get your stuff. I'm afraid I have a lot of your stuff here. Like sweaters and shirts. I already asked the post office how much it's going to cost to send them. I'll do it as soon as I get some money. I don't want to send them the regular way, just in case. Or even better, you can come here to get them!!!! This last one sounds better to me (At this point in the letter you have to picture me like the Babe on the T-shirt and with a twisted grin on my face). Come and get them! Be a man, I dare you!!! (Is it working?)

I did not take the coats and the shoes though, didn't have room for them. Your leather jacket is at my place by the way, G knows about it. Also, if you go there and get a free minute can you call Jan Brown and ask if it's normal that I did not receive my greencard at the same time as you? Maybe Julia can call Immigration and ask what happened.

I will have a second interview with B. this Friday. It may be a good place to start: it's a big name in advertising and the place seemed cozy and friendly to me. Money is not very much though, we'll see. There is another place and if it happens it will just be great. (Will you keep your fingers crossed for me?) I really want it, but I won't know for another month or so and meanwhile I'm starting to get restless and bored. I did not say anything about this second one to anyone, too afraid to jinx it.
I probably won't do TV because it's really bad. I can't begin to explain, you just have to see it. Some people are trying to lure me back into the finance but no thanks! (One guy told me that I could make up to $12,000 a month if I work for him doing forex-means foreign exchange buying and selling-) A few of my friends from university made big bucks from the stock market and everybody has stocks. Stocks are party talk.
My plan is to get a place after working for two months. This should give me enough money to get the important things for the apartment, like a stove, refrigerator, bed etc. Then, you can come over for the house warming party. (And we can do the official opening of my bed! I'm soooo bad, but it's the Scorpio in me, I can't help it.)
Meanwhile I am still going to try to come over for the New Year or end of January, which is a holiday here (if they give me a visa of course and if I can find $450)
Now I'll go and try to wipe the grin off my face. It gets stuck with me for a few days when I receive a letter from you or talk to you. How do you do this?
Tonight on Conan show they said it's snowing in New York. It's so funny, now that I'm not in US anymore I watch Jay Leno, Conan, etc. I also saw on CNN that it's 7°C in Edinburgh. Keep warm canim Bebek.
My last word to you will be……….. Homschk!¤

(La Baroness!!!!!!)

P.S. I would give anything just to hold your hand right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home