Blow Fish

Friday, December 29, 2006

letters from past 2

Tuesday, October 28, 1997
Hello Canim Bebek,
It’s time to write to you again. I hope the Halloween party preparations are going well. The last time we spoke you sounded very excited about it.
I spoke to Ates yesterday (finally). He said they don’t have the fax line set up yet, but I told him about the party. He took your number and will call you. We had quite a long conversation. He told me about the market in general and also what they did and they are planning to do. In addition to video-film production they are also doing music organization (management of music groups, concerts, parties etc.). Sounds like fun, no? Apparently there is a big demand for this and not a lot of companies doing it. He said he already has a client who needs a foreign band every week. You should send Edinburgh guys over, he said English bands are popular here.
I’ll go to their office soon to meet them also I’ll go watch him play one night. He said we could talk about stuff more in details! Also he has Apo stories to tell me.
Remember I wrote to you about that all-news channel NTV that I wanted to work for? Apo pulled some of his dirty tricks and I did not get the job. I was so furious for a few days, now it’s gone. He’s still hoping that I will work for him. Not in this lifetime. Anyway, I try not to think about him.
12:08:51 PM Ü you won’t believe this but the mail guy just rang the bell and brought your cassette *! This always happens. When I call your # in NY, you call me back the same day (this happened twice) and the last time I was writing to you I received your letter!!! Now I will take a minute off to listen to my Bebekisssimo!
I’m back! It’s so cool to hear your voice BabyLo. I like the songs. What’s rough about them? I think they will be huge like this 3=======================8 and not like this 3===========8like you said¢
How are your days with Beau going? Is he at the background as you read the letter? (That’s a fun scene to imagine). J
I spoke to A the other day, he received your check. You sent him $175 instead of $270. I thought maybe you did not have money? By the time you receive this letter this month’s bill will be due too $1442. (I hate this monthly AMEX reminders of mine. Did you try to get a card from there?)
Yesterday, from the kitchen’s window, I saw four parrots on a tree! Bright green colored and big! It looked like a scene from Amazons. As you can imagine Turkey wouldn’t be considered a tropical country! It turns out a bunch of them ran away from a truck, on their way over to a pet shop. I hope they are doing fine now. Maybe I’ll get a parrot when I get my own place.
Speaking of which, I saw the apartment that my parents are planning to give me. A three bedroom, two bathroom, two balconies apartment with a lot of light. I liked it. But I still don’t know where my job will be, so I’ll wait. I think I much prefer to be near the office and avoid the traffic as much as I can. Some people spend up to four hours a day to commute to and from work. It’s outrageous.
Did I tell COK?
I had a couple of interviews last week. One is BBDO Advertising. The other is 3M, they are looking for a coordinator. The pay is about the same. I’ll have an interview with a network probably next week.
Ates tells me that networks are hard to work in because people stab each other’s back (Is there such a saying in English? I just realize that I am translating from Turkish word by word. I hope you understand the meaning.)

Thursday, October 30, 1997
Yesterday was a national holiday, (sort of 4th of July). Although it was chilly we went out for the fire works. The main streets were closed to traffic and people walked with torches, singed and danced, there were many open-air concerts around town, but the most fun thing was the world snowboard championship (Beau would have liked that). They made fake snow in one of the boulevards, people were snowboarding at night and the background was Ayasofya (the mosque that they put on every postcard) all lit up. A guy from Norway won.
I don’t think I will be able to come over for the New Year. It looks like from now on we will only be pen pals!!!! How about your plans?
- to me.
COOOOOK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home